Monday, November 19, 2007

Laos





We weren't here for very long so there's not much to say. The riding was not bad with a bit of rain, good roads and a lot of kids. The kids were decent enough, except at times I felt I was on parade. There were many settlements we rode past and each one had dozens of children running around screaming and trying to get our attention. You can only smile and wave for so long before you start feeling like a circus act. At times I thought I should strip down to my undies, paint my body red and start performing tricks from the saddle of my bike....maybe next time.

We're back in Thailand and headed to Bangkok. From there we will save time by taking a train to Surat Thani (Southern Thailand) and then continue our cycling into Malaysia. Until then........


No comments: